Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Bringing Summer Indoors


Aren't these beautiful?

They are cuttings from the Esperanzas (aka Yellow Bells) that were planted in our new landscaping out front a couple of years ago.  They grow like wildfire, require little to no watering and produce these amazing clusters of yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers almost year-round.


Because they tend to overgrow our landscape and sometimes make it hard to even see they other plants in front of them due to their willowy shoots and profuse blooms, I decided to get serious about trimming them back yesterday.



Unfortunately, that meant cutting off tons of these glorious clusters of flowers and I just couldn't bear to stuff them all in the trash.  So . . . I decided to do a little experiment and toss a bundle into some water and see how long they last!


So far, so good!


I think they look spectacular out here on the patio, atop my newly refinished sideboard that's just missing its handles before I can show it to you!  You might have also noticed my next (and almost last) patio project propped up behind it.  It's just been too hot to do much of anything outdoors other than swim here lately.  So it's nice to be able to bring a little summer indoors.


I am excited about the 'no-cost' decorating I can do for gatherings with these beautiful blossoms too!

Happy Summer Y'all!

Sharing this sassy summer idea at Wow Us Wednesdays,

1 comment:

  1. I'm also all for no cost decorating! I love bringing flowers from my garden into the house. Right now, I have a big bunch of calla lillies standing in my kitchen.

    They make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete