Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tarragon Roasted Asparagus

 
It's Wednesday . . . What's for dinner at your house?
 
By Wednesday I am usually struggling with a menu, despite my best efforts to plan the week in advance.  So I thought I would share one of our 'go-to' sides that's simple, super tasty and pairs well with just about anything.  There are no real exact measurements for this recipe either, so don't be afraid to experiment with the ingredients and find the flavor combination that you like best!
 
 
Tarragon Roasted Asparagus

1-2 bundles of asparagus, washed and prepped
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Dried Tarragon
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once they are washed and patted dry, snap off the woody ends and place on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single (or mostly single) layer.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Sprinkle with dried tarragon.  Toss to coat thoroughly.  Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.  Serve hot!


These days I always buy two bundles of asparagus for my family of 4, as they shrink considerably once they are roasted and you really can't eat enough of this delicious veggie!   And I love, love, love balsamic vinegar and tarragon, so I go heavy on both, especially since some will get left behind on your foil.  So yummy!

Why not try it tonight?!
 

12 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm a long-time asparagus fan - my mom made it a lot when I was a kid.

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful! it will be a nice change from my go-to blanched asparagus with balsamic vinegar.
    I'm your newest follower, stopping by from Off the Hook! Have a nice weekend :-)
    Melanie
    http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks so much for stopping by and for becoming my newest follower {squeal}!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to try it d let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll follow me for more yummy fun!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! Pinning from Fox Hollow Cottage.

    Jeanette @ Creating a Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks delicious! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Featuring YOU today! Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2013/02/15-green-crafts-recipes-fonts-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cool. Thanks for finding it. Some really good ideas there, this is going to be a real time sink.I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China tour operator | China tour packages | China city travel

    ReplyDelete