Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Melted Ice Cream Cake!


That's right!  It's cake AND ice cream in one yummy place!
 And nothing sounds better on a HOT August day!

I came across this quick twist on a traditional bundt cake on Pinterest (Don't 'cha just love Pinterest?!) from Cookies & Cups and knew I had to try it for myself because it sounded so simple and I already had the ingredients!

Like my favorite cupcake recipe from Recipe Girl, this recipe begins with a box mix, which makes it even simpler to whip up for guests - or just yourself for that matter!

It only has three ingredients:
1 box cake mix - ANY flavor
1 pint ice cream, room temperature - ANY flavor
3 eggs


You can't get much easier than that!  And think of all the flavor combinations {drool}  For complete instructions, please visit Shelly's blog by following the link above.  You'll be so glad you did - lots and lots of yumminess there to try!

She topped her cake with whipped cream, but I have fallen in love with the cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes, and they top all their delicious bundts with cream cheese frosting so I did too.  So tasty!

Cream cheese Frosting:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
powdered sugar
cream to thin to consistency


 I made sure to cool my cake completely before frosting, then squeezed it through a piping bag.
Finally, I topped it with a diy crepe paper magnolia leftover from our Belles and Beaus Ball.

Check out Shelly's instructions (super simple) and give this one a try!

Happy Summering Y'all!
 


 

10 comments:

  1. That looks sooooooooooooooo good! I wanna make it!
    Follow me back? Trying to get to 200 followers.. chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks so good and beautiful would love it if you came by One More Time Events and shared http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/08/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty and I am sure delicious. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really delicious! I have a bundt pan that needs some attention....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing at One More Time Events....I really think this is just to pretty to eat...but how could anyone resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, this looks really good. OH and I love cream cheese frosting. Heading over to check out how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this looks amazing. Hugs P.S. hopping over from making the scene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi... Stopping by to let you know you have been featured over at One More Time - Share It One More Time http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/08/fall-centerpiece-made-with-plaster-of.html Thank you for sharing! Hope you can make it again this week! Xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty and looks/sounds delish! I mam pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and yummy looking! I love cream cheese frosting! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspired!! Pinned to our group pinboard for some extra luv! Heather

    ReplyDelete